Subtitle

and some not-so-big words too.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What the $%!# should I make for dinner dot com

“You are not going to believe my week mom.” Lawrence said exasperated. “I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m psyched to be working on this film, but I’m basically a gopher to the big star. Dijorn wants only the best according to his agent. ‘Dijorn requires live classical music,’ or my personal favorite was, “Dijorn requests the movie “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” to be shown tonight at midnight.” The current quest I was sent on was to find Dijorn’s favorite food; halibut wrapped in grape leaves. I mean, fish and berries make sense, considering how Dijorn is a fucking bear.”
Lawrence smacked his head against the wall instantly realizing his mistake as the voice on the other end erupted. “I didn’t raise no baby o’ mine to use that kind o’ language! You get yer pretty face to a church right now and ‘pologize to God and that nice bear. ‘Sides, I seen that bear in those movies, and you ain’t gonna find a more well trained star anywhere. You know your brother love him, and you lucky enough-” The voice trailed off as Lawrence dropped the phone back into his pocket. She’d probably continue ranting for a good 3 minutes, and he needed to make sure he found the right restaurant. He was starting to believe Dijorn and his agent had a psychic connection, otherwise how the heck would she know all this about the dang animal?

2 comments:

  1. I like the voice of the main character and the fact that you made them animals. It's really humorous. I feel like the accent you gave the agent needs a bit of work. Go talk to Ali some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the tone of voice applied to the bear- "requests live classical" etc.
    A bit of a weird mixture of profanity levels: he says "fuck" to his mother on the phone, but thinks "dang" in his head later?
    Cool how it's revealed that Dijorn is actually a bear after all of the highfalutin requests.

    ReplyDelete